Meet your newest fridge staple: Coconut Almond Milk (free of: dairy, excess sugar, & unnecessary additives).
It's creamy, dreamy.... GOODNESS.
When striving towards healthy living and choosing foods that SERVE your body, I have found that it's SUPER important to have yummy things to look forward to. If you don't....it's so easy to revert back to bad habits/foods that you shouldn't be filling your body with.
If you enjoy dairy or a touch of cream in your tea or coffee, having this prepped and ready is a wonderful treat and delicious milk substitute! It's also a great base for your AM smoothie/protein shake.
Why substitute milk/dairy you may ask?
- Dairy is one of the most inflammatory foods in our modern diet, second only to gluten.
- It causes inflammation in a large percentage of the population, resulting in digestive issues (IE: stressed GUT).
- It’s often full of hormones and antibiotics--both in which stress the gut and increase inflammation within the body.
Most disease and autoimmunity is caused from our bodies being in a stressed/inflammatory state. While dairy isn't likely the MAIN culprit in your diet, it's the accumulation of various foods that can keep your body in a constant inflammatory state. Removing "trigger" foods is the first step to healing your gut and cooling inflammation within your body.
1 cup shredded (unsweetened) coconut
1 cup (unsalted) almonds
2-4 dates (or none)
1/4 tsp sea salt,
1 vanilla bean
1 tsp cinnamon
6-8 cups of water (depending on level of creaminess you desire).
1. Soak your coconut, almonds, dates, and vanilla bean in bowl full of water over night.
2. Drain out the water (leaving your soaked ingredients behind).
3. Add your soaked ingredients, pink salt, cinnamon and water to blender.
4. Blend for 2-3 minutes.
5. Strain with cheese cloth (or thin tee-shirt).
6. Save almond/coconut pulp for other yummy recipes!
7. Pour milk in container & keep chilled in fridge.