Sometimes your protein shake needs a face lift.
Something that hits the spot when your craving chocolate, crunchy GOODNESS...like an Oreo.
I think this is that something.
Okay, maybe not an Oreo, but it for sure satisfies the craving so you don't eat 1 or...10.
Amidst trying to eat clean and keeping our hands off the cookies, there are days your bod just CRAVES a sweet treat.
Mixing it up is VITAL when trying to stick to a solid regimen because if you don't, you'll burn out and get off track.
Whether its your breakfast, or the healthier alternative to a sweet treat, this shake is full of protein, healthy (satisfying) fats, and hits that chocolate spot with a little bit of added crunch from fresh coffee grains! I.e. taste and texture bliss.
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Aloha Vanilla, but I also love Sun Warrior--both are whey/dairy free)
- 1 Scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (not necessary, but great if you have on hand)
- 2 TBS Cocoa Powder
- 1-2 TBS Coffee Grounds (I use decaf)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- 16oz Unsweetened Coconut Milk (my favorite brand is Trader Joe's)
- 5-7 Ice Cubes
- If you are serving this to a friend or company, top it with some ground coffee and toasted coconut for some beauty (and added extra crunch!)
Additional add in ideas:
- 1/3 Frozen Banana
- Almond Butter
- Blend together in blender for 90 Seconds
- Serve with ice so it's extra cold
What's your favorite protein shake add in?
Cal: 376|Fat:19|Protein:29|Carb:18|Fiber:7|Effective Carbs:11